Tuesday 23 April 2013

No longer running the Belfast Marathon

It may probably not come as much surprise to some of you but I am no longer going to be taking part in the Belfast Marathon in less than a fortnight's time.

The month of February was wiped out due to a little excursion to Hampshire. Although I lost weight and was on my feet all day, every day I didn't do a great deal of moving, beyond a small area of floor. Therefore my legs were not able to pick straight back up with the required training.

As some of you may recall towards the end of that period I was drinking the occasional Lemsip because I had fallen to a cold which didn't really shift for a full fortnight after that, so training again was unable to start. Then towards the end of March just I was starting on the road I pulled a tendon in the area of my right shoulder.

This all finally cleared up only two weeks ago and four weeks is not enough time to put in the miles I would need to complete the course never mind do myself justice.

However...

...this is not the end of the road. I shall be looking for another opportunity to run and raise sponsorship. I just haven't decided when or where yet. It may be the Hoy Half Marathon in June or some other event later in the summer or early autumn possibly the Cardiff Half Marathon in October. I will let you know more once I know how my body is coping.

No comments:

Post a Comment