Thursday 22 April 2010

Nothing Wrong With a Geek #VoteLibDem #GeektheVote

As I pointed out yesterday I'm proud as a fan of Douglas Adams to be standing once against for the Scottish seat than when ranked in alphabetical order comes in at number 42. People will also see that the header to this blog still holds the comment that I know the "true meaning of 42" from the time that Labour fought to bring in 42 days detention without charge.
 
As Caron kindly pointed out via twitter, me reacting in such ways cements my geek status. I was of course referring to line in The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy that the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. Now it appears that some fellow geeks have realised that the Liberal Democrats are the answer to a lot of issues and pointed out these parts of our manifesto for consideration.
 
Maybe it is time for me to rehash the Pet Shop Boys song to David Cameron "You've got the (airbrushed) looks, we've got the brains".
 
I especially like working with the original line "there are lot of opportunities, if you know when to take them"
 
Now may well be that time to take the opportunity to make that change.
 
This post has been sent via email therefore spacing and fonts may not appear at my usual standard. Also there may be links to other relevant blog entries or other content added later today along with adding the correct tagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment