Monday 4 January 2010

Question for Cameron

OK Dave here's the score. As you eventually made up your mind this evening about recognising marriage in the tax code, are you:

a) going to expand the same provision to civil partnerships?

or

b) going to allow same sex marriage?

I suspect the answer to both is likely to be in the negative. Even though Cameron himself has said:

"I stood up… and said that marriage was important, and as far as I was concerned it didn't matter whether it was between a man and a woman, a man and a man or a woman and a woman."

Therefore I suspect that the Conservative party are going to put heterosexual commitment through a marriage act above that of heterosexuals.

Read also: Helen Wilkinson CiF in the Guardian, Mark Valladares on where you rank in the Tory scheme of things, Nick Robinson of the Camervows "I do", "I might", or "I won't tell", or Mr Valladares again on which awfully familiar (or airbrushed) person helped started dismantling the Marriage Couples Allownace in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment