Friday 24 July 2009

7 Days, 7 Hours, 7 Minutes Left to Vote


What? You expected me to do a normal countdown to the Total Politics poll of Blogs? How often do you read me?
Yeah it you haven't already it is time to really start to think about your top ten political blogs of the year, as I post there there really are just 7 days, 7 hours and 7 minutes to midnight on 31 July when the inbox will be shut to any new votes, and we don't want that to happen. And as you have now read this there is less time than that remaining.
As you are here and still reading this I expect that you read a number of political blogs. If that is the case good you may well read more than 10. Now I know the standard is high this year, as indeed I think mine has gone up as well (I'm certainly getting more links from elsewhere and recommendations). I think I had a harder time selecting my Top Ten for this year than last as the standard is so high and some of those I voted for last year are sadly no more. So I decided which of the new or improving blood was worthy to get into my top ten and some others slipped out.
So give it a good think.
Read the rules below.
And if you haven't already get voting.

The rules are largely the same as last year's mass participation event.

1. You must vote for your ten favourite blogs and ranks them from 1 (your favourite) to 10 (your tenth favourite).
2. Your votes must be ranked from 1 to 10. Any votes which do not have rankings will not be counted.
3. You MUST include ten blogs. If you include fewer than ten your vote will not count.
4. Email your vote to toptenblogs@totalpolitics.com
6. Only blogs based in the UK, run by UK residents are eligible or based on UK politics are eligible.
7. Anonymous votes left in the comments will not count. You must give a name
8. All votes must be received by midnight on 31 July 2009. Any votes received after that date will not count.

Iain Dale is asking us not to list a 10 on our blogs to encourage others to vote for them, so if you want to see my list you're going to have to wait until August the 1st, though I am tempted to give a number of groups of ten and not rank them to throw the cat among the pigeons. Of course if you like what I've done over the last 12 months all votes will be willingly accepted and appreciated, after all I have high standards to keep up and improve on from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment